Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my corner of the world. I believe our experiences are not only for our benefit, but should be shared. I hope you will find something in my journey to encourage and inspire you.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Slow Down

 Do you ever get tired of the busyness of our modern lives? Phones buzzing, the internet calling, always rushing to do the next thing. Never taking the time to slow down and rest. I sure do.

God's plan isn't for us to race around trying to get ahead. He calls us to slow down and spend time with Him.

 “Take time to rest by the wayside, for I am not in a hurry. A leisurely pace accomplishes more than hurried striving. When you rush you forget who you are and whose you are.” Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
He loves us more than we can imagine and wants the best for us.

“I want you to experience how wide and long and high and deep is My love for you, so that you can know My love that surpasses knowledge. This vast ocean  of love cannot be measured or explained, but it can be experienced.” Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

As we slow down and rest in God's love and His plan for us, we learn to give Him our worry and frantic thoughts.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.” Philippians 4:6-8

Jesus came to trade His sinless life for our sins so we can enjoy God's love and live in relationship to Him. He offers us a trade:


Trade our worrying and anxious thoughts for His joy, peace and grace.

Trade our sour attitudes and grudges for His forgiveness, peace and joy.

Trade our selfish pride and stubborn hard heart for His heart that gives freely without thinking about it’s own interests.

Trade our thinking about today’s circumstances for His eternal perspective.

Trade our sin for His righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment