Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my corner of the world. I believe our experiences are not only for our benefit, but should be shared. I hope you will find something in my journey to encourage and inspire you.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

What home schooling has taught me

Have you ever really made a mess of things? I have, too many times to count. My selfishness and pride have caused so many problems with the people I love. I like to have things done my way, because that is the only right way. Of course, there are five other people in our house who think their way is the one that is correct. I have had to learn to let go of my expectations and accept other ways of thinking. Usually, the other way is as good as mine. And sometimes it is even better.

Homeschooling gives me many opportunities to lay down my ways - often after a battle. Of our children, the youngest is the most different from me, and the most headstrong. Pretty much every day, I have the chance to face my selfishness and pride as we learn to live and work together. I am not the person I would have been if we had chosen a different path to educate our children. I am much better for it. I cherish the relationships that have been forged in the last eight years and the ways God has used our children to change my heart.


We have just begun a year of "lasts". Jen will graduate from high school next spring. I anticipate a lot of tears (of sadness and joy) as we move into a new season of life. God has blessed us greatly as we have raised our family and I look forward to the way our relationships will continue to change and grow as our children move out on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment