Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my corner of the world. I believe our experiences are not only for our benefit, but should be shared. I hope you will find something in my journey to encourage and inspire you.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Desert Places

 -->



Image courtesy of Evgeni Dinev at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
There have been many times when I have struggled to hear God speak to me, or to feel His presence. I've cried out to Him feeling like my prayers bounced off the ceiling. Sometimes, those times have been brief, others they have lasted weeks or months. This is what I have learned in those dry times.

When we find ourselves in dry places, we need to remember that God still loves us and is still there even when we can’t find him. He still has a purpose and a plan for our lives. Look for Him everywhere: in children’s laughter, the buds on the trees, and the concern of a friend. Listen for Him in birds’ songs, a rain shower, music, and the voice of a friend. Tell God what you are feeling - all of it. Are you disappointed, angry, discouraged, and weary? You can’t tell Him anything He doesn’t already know. He longs for us to fall into His arms and pour out our hearts to Him. Trust Him!

Stay in the Word. Don’t stop praying.

Praise Him even though you don’t feel like it.

The Psalms express the whole range of human emotion. Find a Psalm that speaks to you and camp there a while, letting God minister to your soul.

In the times when I am not hearing from God, I’m grateful that I have verses that are meaningful to me marked in my Bible. In those dry times, I search for those underlined passages and often God will use them to speak to my heart again.

Sometimes I feel abandoned by God, but He promises He will never leave us:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

Desert Song always touches my heart.


What comforts you and gives you strength when you are struggling?

1 comment:

  1. Kristi, I can't tell you how many times I have thought about this post. It has touched my life in so many ways. Thank you for writing it.

    ReplyDelete