Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my corner of the world. I believe our experiences are not only for our benefit, but should be shared. I hope you will find something in my journey to encourage and inspire you.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Chicken Nacho Dip


We first had this dip at a party. It was so good, we went back for more several times. The couple who brought it found the recipe here. I've used more black beans and included the liquid with the Rotel tomatoes to suit our family's tastes. If you cook extra chicken a night or two before making the dip, it is very quick to throw together.

 It is really an appetizer, but we add fruit or a salad and eat it for dinner. My son made rice to go with it tonight too. 

I guess it doesn't look very appetizing, but it is really yummy. It has become a favorite around here.


Chicken Nacho Dip
10 ounce can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
1 pound Velveeta, cubed
2 large cooked chicken breast halves, shredded
1/3 cup sour cream
1 ½ Tablespoons taco seasoning mix (about half of an envelope)
15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed

Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on high 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally or until hot. Serve with tortilla chips.

6 servings (main dish)

(I would be afraid to heat this on top of the stove. I think it would burn easily, but you probably could heat it in the microwave instead of a slow cooker, if you don't have a couple of hours to wait for it.)

1 comment: