Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my corner of the world. I believe our experiences are not only for our benefit, but should be shared. I hope you will find something in my journey to encourage and inspire you.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Creativity


What does it mean to be creative? If you don't have an artistic bone in your body, can you still be creative?

 








 I don't think it takes artistic ability to be creative. God is creative, and since we are made in His image, we are too.

Is there a tune that bubbles up when it's quiet? Are there images that come to you as you read God's word? Do you write about what God says to you? - You are being creative.

When an image comes to me as I read, I try to capture it in my journal. These sketches aren't very good, but it doesn't matter. They really aren't intended to be shared.


  Luci Swindoll explains creativity this way: “Being creative is to find your own voice inside yourself, to identify your own ideas and aspirations.  It means singing the song that’s in your heart, to your own melody.  You’re the only one who can hear it, because it is coming from God.  If you look at this song with your intellect, it goes away because it doesn’t respond to your mind; it responds to your heart.  The mind turns it cold, and it quits singing.  These are the pinnacles of experience that caused the great masters of art to produce what they did.  These personal moments give the greatest happiness and greatest wisdom.” ( Life! Celebrate It)

It's hard to find that creative spark when we are always busy and bombarded with noise and information. I have to slow down and be quiet, and quit thinking about what I need to do or the things that are troubling me. Unfortunately, those moments often happen in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Maybe that is actually a good thing. I do lose some sleep, but the house is quiet and there isn't anything else demanding my attention.

"Created in the image of God, we are meant to brim over with creativity...
All image-bearers of God were intended to overflow with effervescent life, stirring and spilling with God-given vision." Beth Moore, Get Out of That Pit

So pick up a marker, sing a song, write a poem, do a dance and find freedom in discovering who God made you to be and expressing your creative side.

Psalms 40:3 NIV
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment